The number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Hungary increases every day. It was announced that virus may be found in every part of the country.
The following restrictions are introduced in the country:
- The Hungarian government has closed all land borders to non-Hungarian citizens.
- Budapest’s Liszt Ferenc airport remains open, however as of Tuesday, March 17 per government decree only Hungarian citizens can enter Hungary.
- Teaching in universities, secondary and primary schools is only allowed through virtual education.
- Kindergartens and nurseries are closed.
- All events will be banned.
- Restaurants and cafés have to close at 3 p.m. Only grocery stores and pharmacies are allowed to remain open past this time.
A national call center was set up for questions and information on the coronavirus can be reached at + 36-80-277-455 and + 36-80-277-456 from within Hungary or by email under firstname.lastname@example.org.