SZERVEZET NEVETechnical University of Munich (TUM)
RESEARCH FIELDFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
karrierprofilRecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)
The EuroTech Universities Alliance (https://eurotech-universities.eu/) is a strategic partnership of leading European universities of science & technology committed to excellence in research and jointly developing solutions to the grand challenges of society. The members are: Technical University of Denmark (DTU), École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), École Polytechnique (L'X), Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Technical University of Munich (TUM). By promoting in-depth collaboration across research and education, as well as nurturing innovation and entrepreneurship, the Alliance combines the complementary strengths of its partner universities to jointly achieve multi-scale initiatives of high impact on society and industry. The Alliance also openly engages with all societal actors to raise awareness on the opportunities offered by science and technology. Within the EuroTechPostdoc2 programme, the universities of the EuroTech Universities Alliance offer seventy Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowships to experienced high-potential researchers.
The main characteristics of EuroTechPostdoc2 are:
- EuroTechPostdoc2 is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship programme.
- Potential fellows have to submit their own research proposal including a Host Supervisor and a Co-host Supervisor from two different EuroTech universities.
- Four universities can act as Host Institution:
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU),
- L’École Polytechnique à Paris (l’X),
- Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- Technical University of Munich (TUM)
- All six universities within the EuroTech Universities Alliance can act as Co-host Institution:
- The four above, but also
- École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Technion Israel Institute of Technology (the Technion)
- Four universities can act as Host Institution:
- To be eligible, potential fellows should (at the moment of the deadline of the call):
- Have their PhD degree or at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience and
- Fulfil the MSCA mobility rule, meaning that they should not have resided nor had their main activity in the country of the Host Institution for more than 12 months in the last 3 years before the call deadline.
- The project should be a collaborative project between the two EuroTech universities involved. The best way to collaborate can be decided between the fellow and the supervisors involved. However, secondments or several shorter research visits are encouraged.
- The programme is open to all research topics. Fellows may freely choose a research topic and the appropriate organisations to host them, fitting their individual needs and ambitions. There are no focus areas defined nor used in the evaluation.
- We will be offering 70 fellowships of 24 months each over 2 calls, divided over the universities as follows: DTU, TU/e and TUM: 20 positions each; L’X: 10 positions.
- The first call will open on November 30, 2020, with a deadline on February 25, 2021.
- During the programme, we will be offering extensive training opportunities within the so-called EuroTech Postdoc Academy.
[column xs="12" lg="6" md="8" sm="10" offset_md="2" offset_sm="1" xclass="col-lg-offset-0"]
[div xclass="social-widget background-bg"][div xclass="section-title"][span xclass="fa-round-tip"][span xclass="fa-stack fa-lg"][span xclass="fa fa-youtube-play fa-inverse"][/span][/span][/span][span xclass="fa-title"]"EuroTechPostdoc2" on youtube[/span][/div]
[div xclass="msg"]If the widget does not display, please reload the page or check if youtube is blocked.[/div]
[div xclass="text-center video-container"]
What is funded
The fellowship consists of a monthly salary for the postdoctoral researcher based on the salary scale of the Host Institution and is granted for a period of twenty-four (24) months maximum, and a dedicated research budget (up to €8,000) and collaboration and travel budget (up to €6,000) related to the project.
The research budget can be used for standard research costs including but not limited to materials, visits to conferences and workshops, open access and training costs. Visits to the mandatory bootcamps should also be covered from the research budget.
The collaboration and travel budget can be used for all costs related to the collaboration with the Co-host Supervisor / Institution, and other travels directly related to the EuroTechPostdoc2 programme.
Additional travel allowances necessary to conduct the collaborative projects, workshops and training in other countries will be provided by the Host Institution and negotiated individually.
Each fellowship is granted for a period of twenty-four (24) months maximum. Prolongation within the EuroTechPostdoc2 Programme is not possible.
To be considered eligible, applicants must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be Experienced Researchers, namely they must, on the call deadline (1st call: February 25, 2021), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- MSCA Mobility Rule: Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the Host Institution for more than twelve (12) months in the three (3) years immediately before the call deadline (February 26, 2018 – February 25, 2021). Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. Exceptions related to Covid-19 can be considered, based on a case-by-case analysis.
- Applicants must be able to carry out full time research during the fellowship period (parental leave, sick leave, military leave and care leave are accepted).
- Research direction should follow the H2020 Ethics rules.
Please visit the EuroTechPostdoc2 website http://eurotech-postdoc2.eu/ for further information.
Furthermore, the EuroTechPostdoc2 Programme Management Office will host Q&A sessions on December 8 (9-10 CET) and December 10 (15-16 CET). Registration is possible via the link.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 899987
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.